BENCHMARK FUND OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2016 – RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT
2016 BENCHMARK Fund of the Year Awards Winners Announcement
UNDERSTANDING THE AWARDS
The methodology for the HOUSE AWARDS has been refined over the past 11 years combining both quantitative and qualitative factors. Not only do our veteran jurors on the judging panel bring a greater degree of rigor to the process, this year we are also bringing on MSCI as our research partner to provide analytics for the funds that have been shortlisted for Provider of the Year. This thorough process is very powerful in determining the Best-in-Class for each category in 2016.
- Managers wishing to compete for the House Awards are required to answer the questions listed in the judging criteria via submissions ONLINE.
- Answers are collated with hard data relevant to the judging criteria that is sourced from Morningstar, and are passed on to a panel of industry experts for review. All JURORS are noted individuals, both practitioners and academics, who are experienced and well regarded in the industry as gatekeepers and skilled in conducting fund due diligence.
- The Jurors will independently score the managers and their scores are aggregated to determine the Best-in-Class winners for the respective categories.
- Where the information is unclear or not available, candidates may be requested to submit supplementary information, and/or be requested to meet face-to-face in order to ensure information supplied is correctly understood and interpreted.
- The top 5 companies which receive the most awards, combining both Fund Awards, House Awards and Capability Awards, will be shortlisted to compete for the PROVIDER OF THE YEAR title. A Special Independent Judging Committee that is comprised of 5 independent jurors, plus a representative from BENCHMARK and one from MSCI will deliberate set criteria to assess award qualification, using research materials supported by MSCI to derive a decision for this year’s most prestigious award winner. This category is NOT open for nominations or submissions.
Jurors will examine all finalists to pick a single Best-in-Class winner. In the event that the margin of difference between the winner and the runner up is within 5 percent, an Outstanding Achiever Award will be made to the second placed contestant.
THIS AWARD IS NOT OPEN FOR NOMINATION
The PROVIDER OF THE YEAR – MUTUAL FUND is NOT open for nominations or submissions. The top 5 companies which receive the most awards, combining both Fund Awards, House Awards, Manager of the Year Awards and Capability Awards, will be shortlisted for the title. A Special Independent Judging Committee that is comprised of 5 independent jurors, plus a representative from BENCHMARK and one from MSCI, will deliberate set criteria to assess award qualification using research materials provided by MSCI to derive a decision for this year’s most prestigious award winner.
WealthAsia Media and BENCHMARK wish to wholeheartedly thank our esteemed panel of independent jurors for their kind contributions, dedication and professional guidance in making the 12th BENCHMARK Fund of the Year Awards 2016 – a recognized achievement by the finance sector.
For the full list of Jurors please CLICK HERE.